- There are currently no upcoming events.
- Reminder that our meetings are held every 4 months ~ Feburary | May | September ~ 10:00 am at Grace United Church (next to Goats on the Roof on Hwy 4A) in Coombs.
Past News & Events
- Our E&N Division held our third annual Christmas Party in Whiskey Creek at Cruisers Grill. Our special guests this year included, MLA for Nanaimo and North Cowichan, Mr. Doug Routley and Forest Discovery Centre board member, Leanne Finlayson. Both Doug and Leanne are strong supporters of the E&N Railway and it was a pleasure to have them speak at our event. Ken Fyfe spoke on behalf of the Coombs Siding Project and the support we are receiving from Alberni Pacific Railway. A special presentation was made to member Tom West for his skill and determination on rebuilding the engine for our Fairmont brush cutter. Other guests received gift cards, APR Steam Train Passes, lanterns and historical rail posters. Wayne Oliver won the 50/50 draw but graciously handed the money back to support our division and projects. Members and guests were served a wonderful turkey dinner with all the trimmings. Thank You everyone for attending and a special thanks to member Glenn Migneault for organizing the event and to Cheryl and staff for an amazing evening!
- The Qualicum Beach Station 100th Anniversary (1914-2014) was a huge success. The August 23rd community planned event was well organized and attended. A special thank you, to our E&N Division member Rick Barnum for his many dedicated hours and suggestions to make the railway portion of the event run smoothly. Our Division provided railway displays and our many volunteers handled well over two hundred speeder rides with safety and enthusiasm. Thank you all for making this an event for the history books!
To all our Train Guys:
WOW....... I'm actually somewhat speechless. What a great job. Thank you and to each and everyone of the amazing volunteers who made this day happen. It could not have been more perfect. Sherri ~ Event Planner
"Let's Bring Her Back [the E&N]" ~ by Larry Smith
"I have been a singer/songwriter for over 30 years. I think the song catches the spirit of what you folks are doing and I hope it can help move your efforts in the right direction."
~ Special thanks to Larry Smith of Gibsons, B.C.
"Let's Bring Her Back" ~ Written and Performed by Larry Smith
Let's Bring Her Back.mp3
This soundtrack is Copyright © by the Artist ~ All Rights Reserved
- Coombs Family Day's - Monday February 10th, 2014 at 1:00pm ~ Our second Family Day attendance at the Coombs Fair Grounds was a another success. We provided one of our speeders and Hi-Rail truck for display. In addition, we had a static heritage display and a focus on Operation Lifesaver. We handed out much information on track safety and the work our volunteers have done over the past five years on the Port Alberni Sub. Thanks once again to the volunteers who came out to help!
- Christmas Dinner - Our annual year-end dinner was held again this year at Cruiser's Grill in Whiskey Creek. It was a great turnout with 35 members and guests in attendance. Cheryl, the restaurant owner, once again put on a fabulous feast with a great atmosphere for everyone! Robert Turner also did a presentation for us on the E&N from past to present, complimenting his new book which was the grand raffle prize! Thank you to all those people including our members and guests that attended, Cheryl and staff for the dinner, and Bob for your presentation to make this night a success!
- Roundhouse Centennial - Bayview Place presented the Victoria Roundhouse Centennial Celebration October 19 & 20th, 2013 - The E&N Division, CRHA and EETG was in attendance with our equipment and photos, information and handouts at our table as well as speeder rides, which were very popular. CN Police were also present with Operation Lifesaver. For more information visit Bayview Place online: Click Here
- Qualicum Beach Family Days - On Sunday May 26th, we attended the Qualicum Beach Family Days. We were in the parade with EETG Hi-Rail 301 and Speeder 16-003. We also had our E&N Division CRHA table set up with a static heritage display and information and photos on the EETG. Operation Lifesaver information and handouts were also present under the tent.
- Victoria Train Show - Sunday September 8th, 2013 ~ The E&N Division was present with a static heritage display. We also displayed photos and handed out much information on the work our volunteers have done over the past five years on the Port Alberni Subdivision. Covered was information on the E&N Division's East End Track Gang and what they do including their accomplishments, goals and continued efforts on the Port Sub.
- Coombs Family Day - Monday February 11th, 2013 ~ Our first Family Day at the Coombs Fair Grounds was a great success. The Coombs Community put on a first class event. We provided our speeders and hi-rail for display. A 1:00 Horn Blast to start the event. We also had a static heritage display and a focus on Operation LifeSaver. We had over a thousand visitors and handed out much information on Track Safety and the work the volunteers have done over the past four and a half years on the Port Sub. Thanks again to the volunteers who came out to help.
- Nanaimo Train Station Grand Re-opening - Wednesday July 25th, 2012 - 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM ~ E&N Division in Attendance with info on the Port Alberni Subdivision project and other various displays of heritage value and island railway importance.
- Vancouver Island Spring Model train Show - Beban Park Auditorium in Nanaimo on Sunday April 15th, 2012 from 10:00am to 4:00pm.